20 Movies Turning 20 In 2020
Twenty years ago today, Bring It On starring Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union hit theaters and inevitably shaped me as a young girl. Five sequels and two decades later, the iconic cheer film remains a cult classic.
It's kind of weird to think that the year 2000 was really two decades ago! I personally believe that the early 2000's were the golden era of pop culture - from fashion to film. In case you want to make yourself feel old or you just want to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane, here is a list of 20 movies that are turning 20 in the year 2020.
- Bring It On - Introduced the word "cheer-ocracy" into our vocabulary.
- Remember The Titans - LEFT SIDE! STRONG SIDE!
- Miss Congeniality - Sandra Bullock still hasn't aged a bit.
- Scary Movie - Unprecedented satire that was so stupid it was good.
- Charlie's Angels - Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu had no business being this hot.
- Meet The Parents - Robert De Niro is every boyfriend's nightmare come true.
- Castaway - WILSOOONN!!!!
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas - I watch this movie even when it's not Christmas time. Long live the legendary Jim Carey.
- Love and Basketball - All's fair in love and basketball.
- Dude Where's My Car? - One for the stoners.
- Final Destination - The tanning bed scene scarred me for life.
- Almost Famous - When I think of Kate Hudson I'll forever think of this movie.
- American Pyscho - Christian Bale has range.
- Coyote Ugly - Tyra Banks dancing on a bar - enough said.
- Girl, Interrupted - Angelina Jolie plays crazy so well
- Gladiator - Personally I've never seen this one but every male that I know has.
- X-Men - Truly an all-star cast
- Erin Brokckovich - I wanted to be Erin Brokckovich when I grew up. I still do.
- Emperor's New Groove - Thank goodness for Disney+.
- Rugrats in Paris: The Movie - The most adventurous babies in the history of babies.