Two-Day Facebook Live Event to Prepare Families For Kindergarten
My wife and I are struggling with letting our son take his first steps into Kindergarten. It's not the worry about coronavirus even though it's very important, but it's just about him leaving.
We're trying to make the decision like other families on whether to let our kids head back to school. So many things have changed because that warm-up period hasn't existed because of the virus. So, how do we all get excited?
There is a special event called, "Idaho Ready to Learn: Countdown to Kindergarten" This is a two-day event that is nationwide online by Idaho PTV Families. This will be a Facebook live event helping parents and students get excited about the new school year.
The 2-day event will be happening June 23 & 24 and will be hosted by several professionals around the state of Idaho. This is a free event and the entire family is invited to join in.
- June 23-24, 2020
- 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- 10:30 a.m. - 10:50 TBA
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:20 a.m. Ready Fingers for Drawing and Writing by Occupational Therapist and Special Education Director Ludee Vermaas.
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:20 p.m. Summer Reading and Writing with PBS by Samantha Hill
- 1:30 p.m. - 1:40 p.m. TBD
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- 10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. TBD
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:20 a.m. Social-Emotional Learning by Grace Ruddy
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:20 p.m. Kindergarten Readiness Skills by Hailey Michalk
- 1:30 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Summer Math with PBS by Samantha Hill