Idaho Twins Killed in Fire Found Holding Each Other
It's stories like this that recenter our world that is so often filled with meaningless worry. A loss like this is so hard to comprehend. 3-year-old twin brothers killed in a house fire found in a kitchen cabinet holding each other.
The horrible tragedy hit Friday morning in Weippe, Idaho when there was an electrical fault in a light fixture within the home. John and Shawn Carr were asleep in the homes living room, while their parents slept in a separate bedroom according to an article on KTVB that details the tragedy.
The boys mother, Hannah Hueth, says she awoke to smoke in the home and woke up the boys father, Chance Carr. They couldn't get to the boys due to intense smoke and flames, so they exited a bedroom window and ran around the house trying to find another entrance to get to their boys.
Weippe is such a small community that nearly everyone in town knew the boys who were known as "little monkey's" who loved the outdoors and fishing with their daddy.
Online fundraising has already raised over $22,000 for the family.
Tyra Ruberti, the boys aunt said,
We're all destroyed. There's no other way around it.
Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers for many days to come.