You Must Delete Your Personal Info From This Scary Genealogy Website Now
I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to hearing about websites that post your personal info, but I've tried this myself and even as a man, it scares the heck out of me.
I think we all can agree that the number one priority for most of us is the safety of our spouse and family. If you agree, a website called Family Tree Now will scare you too. I've searched their website, and found mine and my family's personal information on their website for anyone to see. A stalker, pervert, child molester, you name it.
On the website Family Tree Now, I found my name, the names of my kids, their ages, my ex's, my wife's ex's, their kids etc. It even lists every place I've lived since 1989! What the heck!
They’re one of the scariest websites I’ve seen in a long time.
I get that some people want to look up their genealogy and family tree, but they should have some firewalls in place to protect sensitive info like addresses and children’s names.
I've tested this out with my friends, and it legit works for everyone that searches this website. Family Tree Now is the scariest website I've seen in awhile!
Try it for yourself. If your personal history comes up, you need to delete it by opting out. Unfortunately, it will take up to 48 hours for your info to be deleted off the site. If you have trouble with the instructions here's an easy to follow video we shot for you....
Here's how you can Opt Out of Family Tree Now:
- Visit FamilyTreeNow.com HERE
- Under 'Start Your Journey' enter your first name, last name and state. Click 'Search'
- Find yourself on their search. If there is more than one person with your name that lives in your state, you can narrow down your search by looking at the age.
- Click on the account that matches your personal information.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Family Tree Now website (make sure you do this on the Family Tree Now website, not MIX 106) and click on their 'Privacy' link.
- From the Family Tree Now privacy page, scroll about 1/3 the way down until you see a blue hyperlink that says 'Opt Out Here'
- Search your information again. Once you find your page, click 'Details' and then a red 'Opt Out Here' button will appear.
- Click 'Opt Out Here' and you're done. You'll be removed from Family Tree Now's website within 48 hours.
After getting yourself safe, make sure you share this page with everyone you know and care about so they can do the same.
Note: MIX 106 is not affiliated with FamilyTreeNow.com and we will never share any of your personal information with any third parties.