More Construction Closures In Nampa At Karcher Interchange
Over the past few weeks the Karcher Interchange in Nampa has been under lots of construction, and they will be working more tomorrow and Wednesday (October 23rd & 24th).
The Karcher Interchange will actually be closed both nights as crews will be installing new overhead signs. Here is the exact information from the City of Nampa:
• On Tues., Oct. 23, the Midland Blvd. bridge over I-84 will be closed at 8 p.m. and will reopen to traffic Wed., Oct. 24 at 5 a.m. Crews will be installing a new overhead sign structure. Pedestrians will need to use an alternative route while the structure is installed.
• On Wed., Oct. 24, the Exit 33 loop ramp and on-ramp to I-84 will be closed at 8 p.m. and will reopen to traffic the next morning at 5 a.m. Crews will be installing a new overhead sign structure.
Reconstruction of the interchange will be complete in early November and is designed to improve traffic flow and safety in this highly traveled area. Project improvements include:
• Adding a second southbound lane to Midland Blvd
• Adding a second left turn lane from the Karcher Bypass to southbound Midland Blvd
• Upgrading sidewalks and traffic signals
• Permanently removing the westbound off-ramp (Exit 33B)
The I-84 corridor in Nampa is a very active construction zone with multiple projects occurring in the same vicinity. ITD encourages drivers to slow down, pay attention, and give construction crews space to safely work.