Idaho’s 10 Best Yurts You Can Rent in The Wintertime
We all know our state is a year round playground - great for adventure lovers to explore. From snow capped peaks to frozen lakes, Idaho is just as beautiful in the wintertime as it is in the summer... maybe even more so....and these Yurts are available for you to rent in the wintertime.
It's a great time of year to set out on a romantic getaway too, especially if you can find a cozy place to call home for the night. Winter camping in a Yurt is uniquely Idaho and if you're looking to find some yurts available for winter rental here, according to onlyinyourstate.com, is a partial list and the great news is that a few are very close to the Treasure Valley. So if you're in search of a place to stay while you get out and explore the Nordic trails this winter, look no further than these 10 awesome yurts:
- Cygnet and Wyethia Yurts, Harriman State Park - Located in Island Park near Harriman's famous winter fat bike trails, these yurts come with a wood stove and bunk beds.
- Montpelier Yurt, Montpelier - This is true luxury winter glamping, if you don't mind a 3 mile walk for ultimate privacy and a warm cedar sauna.
- Blue Moon Yurt, Ponderosa State Park - This one mile ski/snowshoe excursion is well worth the hike for the gourmet catered meal and roaring fire that awaits you.
- Lick Creek Yurts, McCall - These yurts are only accessible by snow mobile (which you can rent), but the mountains are so close you can practically touch them!
- Sun Valley Trekking Yurts - Sun Valley Trekking offers a variety of snowshoe experiences with huts nestled in the beautiful Sawtooth and Boulder mountains.
- Williams Peak Hut, Sawtooths - This rugged, challenging, mountain destination is well worth the sunset view. You can always book a guide if you don't want to hoof it on your own!
- Stargaze Yurt, Idaho City - This cozy yurt is one of the closest to Boise and offers some incredible views of the night sky. It also sleeps 6 comfortably.
- Bench Hut, Mt. Heyburn - Also hosted by Sun Valley Trekking, this hut is actually a huge winterized tent complete with kitchen and wood fire sauna.
- Purple, Orange, & Green Yurts, Sandpoint - These romantic yurts are tucked away on nearly 100 acres of wooded, riverfront property and all have something a little different to offer.
- Sunrise Retreat Yurt, Payette National Forest - This yurt has a fireplace, stunning view of the Payette Lake, and sleeps 5. Great for those visiting Tamarack!