How Bad are Idaho’s Teenage Drivers?
Idaho finally made a list we don't want....we have some of the worst teenage drivers in the country. We don't place in the top 20 of any of the criteria and if you have teenage drivers, like I do, I think you will probably agree that Idaho teens probably need more practice.
With summer driving season underway and summer being the most dangerous time of year for teen drivers based on driving deaths, with just over 220 deaths per month, WalletHub has released its report on 2017’s Best & Worst States for Teen Drivers.
In order to determine the safest and least costly driving environments for U.S. teenagers, WalletHub’s analysts compared all 50 states based on 21 different metrics. The data ranges from number of teen driver fatalities to average cost of car repairs to presence of impaired-driving laws and more.
Idaho didn't fare to well..we were 42nd...yep 8th from the bottom for teenage drivers....at least now you know why your insurance premiums are so high. Here is a breakdown of some of the data for Idaho's teen drivers:
Teenage Driving in Idaho (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 43rd – Teen Driver Fatalities per Teen Population
- 38th – Teen DUIs per Teen Population
- 39th – Avg. Cost of Car Repairs
- 37th – Premium Increase After Adding Teen Driver to Parent’s Policy
- 23rd – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 28th – Presence of Occupant-Protection Laws
- 21st – Quality of Roads
- 29th – Presence of Impaired-Driving Laws