Today’s the Last Day to Get on Team #Mix106Radio for 2018 Race for the Cure
The 20th Annual Komen Boise Race for the Cure is hoping to raise $100,000. The race is Saturday, May 12, but if you haven't signed up to be on the Mix 106 team yet, today is the final day.
You will still be able to register for the race right up until race time, but it will cost you more...and you won't be able to be an official member of #Mix106Radio..and we would be very sad.
Remember the best cure for breast cancer or any cancer for that matter is early detection. That's why the Komen Race for the Cure is so important. It helps members of our community, your friends, neighbors and even family be able to afford to get mammograms, which is so vital in the breast cancer fight.
Here are a few other things to know:
- Deadline for online registration is today May 1st. You can register in-person up until event day, but it will be more expensive.
- You can donate more than just the race registration. 75% of all funds raised stays right here in the state to help fund mammograms and potentially life-saving screenings for uninsured and under-insured men and women in our communities. Funds are also given to help keep people “in the continuum of care” if they have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Race Day is May 12th! Make it a great day with friends and family! The Vendor village opens at 7 am, Race starts at 9 am!
- 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer in their lifetime. But breast cancer death rates have been decreasing dramatically because of increased numbers of people getting mammograms AND also due to increased awareness of breast cancer.
- Finally Remember the best defense against breast cancer is early detection, so schedule your mammogram and get tested. Even if you don’t have a family history of breast cancer. Almost 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have NO family
Sign up for our team #MIX106 via the link below or if you can't run or walk, you can donate HERE. See you Saturday, May 12th!