Tips on How to Beat the Triple Digit Temperatures
It's that time of year where more triple digit temperature are sure to come up, so what are some important things to remember and tips to beat the heat.
There are a lot of dangers with exposing the body too much to heat. Here are some ways that you can limit the chance of heat stroke or exhaustion.
- lighter clothing and loose clothing
- Avoid sugar
- Wear a cool rag or neck cooler if doing an activity
- Planning multiple light meals is easier
- The Mayo Clinic Recommends: men drink 15.5 cups of water daily and women drink 11.5 cups.
- Get a good night's rest
- Staying in shape can help as well.
Heat stroke can kill or cause damage to the brain so this is a serious issue depending on where you are and what the temperature is or could turn to. Areas in and around Idaho and Boise can turn from ok to hot quickly. So if you are hiking or in a remote area be prepared.