Help 8-Year-Old Mountain Home Girl Burned On Holiday Candle
My heart aches for sweet Aaliyah Shepard and her family. They are facing Christmas in the burn-unit after a tragic accident with a holiday candle.
The family lives in Mountain Home and mom, Tia Simmons told idahonews.com that it happened in a matter of seconds. Aaliyah reached over a candle on the counter and her sequined shirt went up in flames.
Aaliyah's upper body, hands, foot, and scalp suffered third-degree burns and she will undergo a series of surgeries at the University of Utah Burn Center where she could be in intensive care for about a month.
If you'd like to help lift little Aaliyah's spirits, she is asking for a very simple thing. The 9-year-old would like to receive Christmas cards to decorate her hospital room!
This is going to be the after-school activity at my house today and I'd love to encourage you to join in the effort!
You can send Aaliyah Christmas cards to ...
Fourth Floor Burn Unit
50 N. Medical Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT. 84132