Almost Half of All People Think Winter is Bad for Their Health
Summer has always been and will always been my favorite season. While I can appreciate the beauty of spring, fall or winter I love the warm temperatures that come with the summer months. Most of us have realized that even if there is a season we don't enjoy it's only a short period of time until that has passed and we're on to bigger and better. I didn't know until recently that 46% of people surveyed by Healthspan think winter is bad for their health.
When you think about it I guess it makes sense, because if one type of weather always puts you in a bad mood that will have an affect on your overall health. There were lots of other interesting facts that came out during the study like:
- 30% of people have less energy during the winter months.
- 22% of people gain more weight in the winter (which makes sense around the holidays)
- 64% of people say cold winter months put them in a bad mood.
If you're having trouble getting out of the winter time blues, I would highly suggest finding a new indoor activity like bowling, painting, or like I have done recently got into shooting firearms.
Here are a list of top reasons for being in a bad mood in the winter:
- It's dark outside earlier
- Dealing with cold temperatures outside
- The days feel shorter
- Can't go outside for as long
- Getting less exercise, feeling unfit
- Always being hungry
- Struggling to sleep
- Have less of a social life
- Have a bad skin tone