12th Annual Nampa Pooch Party Stroll and Splash
This event is going to be epic! You have to make plans to be apart of the 12th Annual Nampa Pooch Party Stroll and Splash, and you have plenty of time until the event on Saturday, August 24th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This fun filled day is being put on by the Idaho Humane Society as well as Nampa Parks and Recreation. It is the 12th annual event and without a doubt Nampa's largest dog festival.
You're encouraged to bring your dog and other family members to participate in the one mile walk around Lakeview Park. Once the walk is completed the Lakeview Water Park will be open for dogs to splash around. There will be raffles and other contests going on all throughout the day as well as a canine cake-walk, and lots of pet-friendly vendor booths.
The walk will begin at 10 a.m. with the pool opening to dogs at 11 a.m. The fee is $25 per dog (plus the human walker gets a t-shirt) as long as you sign up before August 20th. Each additional dog is only $10, and each entry includes the dogs admittance into the pool. Entry cost will go up to $30 per dog after August 20th.
With so many dogs being in one location there are a few rules everyone will need to follow at the pooch party.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed.
- Dogs must be on-leash at all times, except in the pool area and other designated offleash areas.
- Each handler is limited to no more than 2 dogs.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No dogs under 4-months old.
- Vaccinations required, including rabies and bordetella (Kennel Cough).
- While in the swimming pool, only dogs will be allowed in the water.
- Please leave collar on dog while swimming.
Hope to see you August 24th for the Pooch Party Stroll and Splash!