What I’ll Be Binge Watching This Weekend
The forecast is calling for rain and high's in the 60's this weekend, so I'm bundling up inside with my "secret boyfriend" and doing a little binge watching. It can be hard to navigate through all the options and all the streaming services these days, so here are my picks for the weekend.
We've been really into the Apple TV series "Defending Jacob." It stars Chris Evan, so there's some good eye candy, (although personally I am not a fan of his beard in the series.) The premises is when a 14-year-old boy ends up murdered, Chris Evan's 8th grader son becomes the prime suspect. It really messes with your brain because you go back and forth thinking, "Did he do it, or did he not do it?" It's 8 episodes long and we are 4 episodes in. So far I'm hooked.
Msn.com just came out with their Prime picks for the weekend and this is what caught my eye.
- The Big Sick (It's a 2017 rom/com that deals with culture differences and dealing with illness within a relationship.)
- Honey Boy (The apparent true story of Shia LaBeouf)
- Fences (Denzel Washington snd Viola Davis star in this 2016 drama that deals with racism in the 1950's)
- You Were Never Really Here (A drama/mystery starring Joaquin Phoenix. When a teenage girl goes missing, he uncovers corruption and abuse of power along the way.)
- Just Mercy (I actually watched this at the beginning of this week, but it is SO GOOD. Starring Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx, it's a powerful film about racism and injustice. I also loved that it's based on a true story. I'm a true story kind of girl.)
There you go, you are set for a rainy weekend. If you watch any of these, let me know what you think!