This Instant Pot Dump and Start Chili Will Revolutionize Your BSU Tailgate
This weekend is a BIG weekend for Coach Harsin and the #20 Boise State Broncos. It's the first Mountain West conference game of the season and it just so happens to be against a team that's notoriously been a thorn in our side.
For some reason, Air Force tends to give Boise State a little bit of trouble. We lost to the Falcons three consecutive years from 2014-2016, then got angry and crushed them 44-19 in 2017. Last year's game was a little closer with the Broncos coming out on top 48-38 on the road.
With a rivalry like that, you know the guys need Bronco Nation to show up in a big way for the "Bronco Blackout" at Albertsons Stadium for Friday's game. Unfortunately, quite a few of us (especially if you're coming from Nampa or Caldwell) are going to feel a bit rushed getting to campus since the game falls at 7 p.m. on a workday.
We can't control any extra reports, projects or patients that may slow down the workday on Friday, but we can help you make sure that the fact that you volunteered to cook something for the tailgate party isn't holding you back!
If you've got an Instant Pot, this dump and start chili recipe will save you some serious time in the kitchen and wow your fellow Bronco fans! Just dump everything in the pot and you're off and cooking.
Instant Pot Taco Ranch Chili
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning
- 2 cans (16 oz) mild chili beans
- 1 can (16 oz) white beans
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Dump all ingredients into the Instant Pot. Do NOT drain the beans.
- Set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, perform a quick release.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred and stir back into pot.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Shredding chicken with forks takes FOREVER. Save yourself more time by shredding the tender, cooked chicken with your electric hand mixer.