I don't have any symptoms, but I did find out I was exposed to someone with Covid-19 so I'm off work until I get my test results back. Yes, I took a test, and yes, it sucked. I'll tell you all about it.

So once I got the news that I had met with someone last week that had later tested positive for Covid-19, I told my boss and he asked me to go home. I Obviously don't want to infect anyone.

I got up early this morning and headed over to St. Alphonsus Garrity Campus in Nampa. There was a bit of a line, not too bad. Though the whole experience from beginning to end did take about an hour and a half.

Once I got to the front of the line they took my information, including insurance info. Which, by the way, if you have insurance, you don't have to pay anything for the test. Anyway, they had me pull into a parking spot and I waited for a while, which, was a bit stressful on its own because my gas tank was on E and I needed the AC cause it was hot out but I digress.

They came over in their mask and gloves and asked me to pull my mask down, had me blow all the excess gunk out of my nose into a tissue (which I got to keep, whaaat?!), and prepared me for the test. She said she was going to do ten quick swabs in my nostril and that it would go quick. She pulled out the massive swab that looked like a regular q-tip that lies... A LOT. Then she told me to breathe through my mouth and hold my head back against my headrest. She then went it! And yes, it was extremely uncomfortable, she swabbed and swabbed and swabbed and my eyes were watering and I was breathing all chaotic, it totally sucked, but it was done... And then she said it was time to do the other nostril. Yeah, so I got to do it again on the other side.

I wiped the tears off my face and sanitized my hands, they told me because there's been a big uptick in testing/cases that it could take anywhere from 3-14 days until I would get the results, so I need to quarantine between now and then. No work, no outings, just chillin' at home.

So today is Friday, June 26th, day one as I wait for my results. I think the chances of me having Covid-19 are pretty low considering that when I met with the woman who later found out she had it, her and I both had masks on and we never shook hands or anything of that sort but because you can spread the disease even as an asymptomatic, I'll comply and wait patiently for my results, though I can't wait to get back to work!

So that's my experience. Uncomfortable, but necessary, and I'll continue to wear my mask when I'm in public, guess I won't have to for a while though!

KEEP READING: See states hit hardest by COVID-19’s impact on tourism


More From Mix 106