With a lawsuit deadline near, three more people sue Boise Co-op over a 2015 salmonella outbreak that they say they became sick after eating sandwiches made there. The complaint document claims each of the plaintiffs suffered damages of more than $10,000 each.

The bacteria can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, fever, chills and headaches.

After the outbreak was originally reported, Central District Health determined turkey meat, tomatoes and onions prepared in the Co-op deli were contaminated with salmonella.

They weren’t able to tell how the deli foods got contaminated, but they concluded the bacteria were likely spread through cross-contamination from different foods and through poor personal hygiene practices by employees.

Find the full story HERE.


More From Mix 106