Don’t Take Pictures of Dangerous Animals, Unless They are Dead
You might remember the woman last week who tried to take a selfie with a Buffalo? It ended poorly, so I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone, everywhere: Do not take selfies with dangerous wild animals of any kind, especially rattlesnakes.
The picture of the rattlesnake in this post is a snake a man found under his house in Garden Valley. I've seen many rattlers in my life, but never ever one that big. By the way this picture was taken after he had shot the snake and dragged it out from underneath his cabin. That thing has to be over 5 feet long and about 3 inches in diameter. It must have been eating well for a long time.
Another guy in San Diego named Todd Fassler tried to take a selfie with a rattlesnake. You think he would have known better, but you'd be wrong.
He says he feels comfortable around rattlesnakes, since he used to have one as a pet. But the selfie didn't work out so well for him because he got bit.
He ended up in intensive care, and here is the nasty video of his right arm .
Check out video of Todd in the hospital
As you can see the whole thing turned dark purple from the venom. But the financial fallout might be worse.
He was in the hospital for almost a week. Two different hospitals had to use all of their anti-venom to save his life and his bill was more than 153 THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Once again. NO MORE SELFIES WITH DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALS!