Bogus Basin Opens This Weekend: Check Out Summer Schedule and Prices
If you happen to be staying home over the Memorial Day weekend and are looking for fun things to do, you need to check out the Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area as it's set to open its summer season beginning this Saturday. (5/26)
The entire mountain along with all facilities will be open for the summer beginning this weekend, including the new mountain coaster, which has been operational since last fall but has not yet been open for summer visits.
According to Idaho Statesman reporter, Chadd Cripe's, interview with Bogus Basin's General Manager Brad Wilson, Bogus isn’t finished expanded just yet either. They have future plans for other mountain features such as the possibility of adding things like an aerial adventure rope course, zip-line tours and expanding bike trails to the top of Deer Point. You can check out the full interview here.
One cool thing that Bogus did this year, is that all winter pass holders who purchased season passes will receive summer chairlift access and a one-day unlimited summer activity pass all because of the lack of snow and good skiing this past winter. (Can you say GREAT customer service?)
According to Bogus Basin’s Web site here is the schedule and prices for the upcoming summer season:
- Schedule: Business hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The recreation area is open May 26-28, Friday-Sunday for three weekends and seven days a week from June 22 to Aug. 19. The schedule shifts to weekends only after that (plus Labor Day). The season could continue into October. Food services will be available during operating hours.
- Unlimited day pass: The passes are $49 for those 12 and older and $39 for those 11 and younger (add $10 for each for chairlift-accessed mountain biking). You get unlimited access to the mountain coaster, summer tubing, the climbing wall, the bungee trampoline and the chairlift.
- Mountain coaster: The mountain coaster is $15 single or $25 tandem. Additional rides are $10 and $15. Single riders must be at least 54 inches tall. The minimums to ride the coaster are 3 years old and 38 inches tall. Tandem drivers must be at least 16 years old and 54 inches tall.
- Mountain biking: A single ride on the chairlift (Deer Point) or shuttle bus (Pioneer Lodge) costs $15 for 12 and older or $10 for 4-11. The all-day rates are $30 and $15. You can ride the trails under your own power for free.
- Scenic chairlift rides: A single ride is $15 for 12 and older, $10 for 4-11, free for children 3 and younger. The price is $30 and $15 for all day.
- Bungee Trampoline: $10 for 5 minutes. Weight range is 40 to 200 pounds.
- Climbing wall: $10 for 15 minutes. Weight range is 40 to 250 pounds.
- Shafer Butte Mining Company: $10 per bag (not included in unlimited day pass).
- Summer tubing: $15 for a one-hour session. Must be at least 38 inches tall.
- Music on the Mountain: Check out upcoming schedules for bands and schedules on specific dates..but fo now Music on the Mountain is planned for these dates: June 30, July 7, July 21, Aug. 4 and August 18 from noon to 7 p.m. Live music will also be available on a limited basis on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season.
Hiking trails and horseback trails are all free.