5 Fun Things To Do in Boise Today
Wanna go on a scavenger hunt? Or work in some exercise that combines faith and fitness? There are unique and fun things happening in Boise today that you may not know about.
Visitors help generate hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for the Treasure Valley, and as much as we would love to have the roads and the Greenbelt all to ourselves, we need to thank them for pumping money into our poppin' local economy.
We might find a few extra visitors this week in fact, because it's National Tourism Week and there is a big push happening to get more people moving by plane and by car. The theme is "Travel Matters."
Visitors might be checking out these events, and we can't let them have all the fun.
5 Fun Things To Do in Boise Today, according to Boise.org:
1. Faith Fueled Fitness is a unique exercise class at Journey Church that makes God a big part of the approach to whole health. The goal is to include faith in movement to "embrace, encourage and empower you to be your healthiest and strongest self." They've got a class today from 10 to 11 am at Journey Church at 9105 West Overland Road, and others are planned each week.
2. Boise scavenger hunt makes a loop around the city center and you'll look for iconic landmarks, great green spaces, and public art. You might end up on the Idaho State Capitol's roof, and discover which US president likes to chill in Julia Davis Park. "Let's Roam" starts at 700 West Jefferson Street, and tickets are $11.
3. Book Club at the Eagle Public Library. Every second Thursday of the month the Eagle library gives you the chance to hang out with new friends and swap thoughts about a book selection. The event tonight is happening from 6:30 to 8 pm at 100 N Stierman Way in Eagle.
4. Figure out why you're feeling blah. With the Stress, Anxiety, and the Gut talk tonight, Dr. McQueen N. D. will teach about the mind-body connection and the impact of digestive health on our moods. It's at the Boise Public Library at 715 S. Capitol Blvd tonight from 6 to 7 pm. We'll be feeling great on Friday.
5. Games at the library. The Branch Library at Collister will host the chance to play games that involve Wii-U, PS3, laptops, robots, Minecraft and more. They'll also help us understand the wonders of 3D printing, and maybe you could make a cheeseburger or something else that you never thought could come out of a printer.
There are dozens of things happening daily in Boise, and it's not just during National Travel and Tourism Week. It's going to be a fun summer, and Boise.org will keep us updated on events.
Oh yeah...and don't miss the Boise Music Festival on June 22! Listen to win your tickets.