Home in Nampa Lost in Fire After Carport Collapsed from Snow and Ice
A fire broke out yesterday at a Boise mobile home park, after a carport collapsed onto a gas meter. The house is a total loss, but thankfully, no one was injured in the fire.
Boise firefighters responded to a report of a gas leak, the gas meter was broken off at the base, firefighters had no way to shut off the gas.
They tried to hold off the fire for two hours before the gas company could dig up the line and pinch it off from both directions.
The Boise Fire Department has seen a lot of carports collapse because of wet, heavy snow in the last few days. So be sure to check your structures if you have any that could become damaged or collapse.