I’m Kid Free for an Entire Week
I don't know what to do with myself, I am kid free for an entire week. The kids are visiting their grandparents in Utah. This means I am kid free after having the kids home for two months. If you have kids you know this world well. No friends, no school, no sports. I love my children dearly, but I think I can survive one week without them and here's what I'm going to do!
1. I'm cleaning out their rooms and throwing away all the things that are causing clutter. (I talked to my therapist about this yesterday and she said this is the worst thing I could have done because it will instill fear in them that I'll throw their stuff away when they go away.) I'm going to have to do some damage control when they get home, but at least their rooms are clean by my standards for once.
2. I'm not going to cook. I've been cooking like crazy since COVID-19 hit. Not just regular meals, but more treats than normal because we've been bored.
3. I'm going to watch whatever I want on T.V. No worries about the language, violence, or sexual content because there aren't any little ears nearby.
4. I'm going to have an adult beverage when I watch those shows. I don't really ever drink in front of my kids. They know I drink, but it's just rare that I have a drink in front of them because I don't ever want to be buzzed in front of them. This week though, it really doesn't matter!
5. I am going to nap! This is hands down the best part. I'm a bit of a helicopter parent. I always have to know where they are, what they are doing, and I tend to feel obligated to entertain them quite a bit. Right or wrong, I don't really nap when I have them and with a 3 a.m. alarm clock, that is tough. So the kids are going to have a well rested Mama when they get back!
What's the number one thing you would do if didn't have your kids for a week?