Dozens of Lost Pets Waiting To Be Reunited With Owners
Most pet owners know the horrible feeling of thinking that their pet went missing. Most times they aren't far and you are so excited to have found them. Unfortunately, there are currently dozens of pets that are missing their family terribly waiting to be reunited but currently at the West Valley Humane Society in Caldwell.
If you're missing your dog or cat make sure you click here so you can see the pets that have been found.
If you find your lost pet on their website there is a reclaiming process that you will need to complete in order to get your animal back.
1. Owner must have proof of ownership at the time of reclaim. Vet bills, photos that show the animal over a period of time or a bill of sale are acceptable documents.
2. Pay necessary fees associated with reclaiming, click here to see the fees.
3. All animals receive booster vaccinations on intake (DA2PPV, Bordatella or FVRCP) which require payment.
4. Proof of rabies vaccination will be required at reclaim. Animals may not leave the shelter without a current rabies vaccination.
5. If you live in the city limits of Nampa or Caldwell, you will be required to purchase a dog license when reclaiming. Fees for licensing depend on if the dog is altered or intact.
6. WVHS holds animals for 5 business days, excluding holidays and weekend. If an animal does not get claimed within that time he/she will be evaluated for adoption.
7. Identification of animals will not be done over the phone, and can only be done in person.