Check Out the Musicals Coming To Boise This Year
From The Phantom Opera to West Side Story, musical stage entertainment as we know it has been around since the 1700s. I spent a lot of time on the stage in high school, in plays and musicals myself. I have always wanted to take my kids to see the Lion King on Broadway. A few weeks ago I found out that I won't have to make the trek to New York after all because the show is finally coming to us! Here's all the details on seeing the Lion King this year as well as some other fun musicals coming our way in 2018:
- Disney's The Lion King - Coming to the Morrison Center October 17th, 18th, and 19th with a special ASL interpretation on Thursday, October 25th. This six time Tony Award winning musical featuring the animals of the Serengeti is perfect for kids and adults alike. Info and tickets HERE!
- Kinky Boots - Coming to the Morrison Center March 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Inspired by true events, this performance will take you from a struggling men's shoe factory to the catwalks of Milan with songs by Grammy winner Cyndi Lauper. Info and tickets HERE!
- Sweeney Todd - Coming to the BSU Special Events Center March 8th-18th. This musical thriller tells the story of Sweeney Todd, an exiled barber who seeks revenge on the London judge who framed him. Info and tickets HERE!
- Jersey Boys - Coming to the Morrison Center June 13th and 14th. A Tony, Grammy, and Olivier Award winning musical about Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famers The Four Seasons who went from blue collar jobs to pop star success. Info and tickets HERE!
- The Book of Mormon - NOW SHOWING (January 30th - February 4th) at the Morrison Center. A 9 time Tony Award winning musical comedy about a pair of mismatched missionaries sent around the world to spread the good word. Info and tickets HERE!
If you've never seen a show at the Morrison Center, you must! It is such a beautiful venue and every seat in the house is great!