8 People Arrested Connected With Murdering Nampa 16-Yr-Old Boy
Back on September 25, 2018, 16-year-old Roberto Angel Gomez was found shot to death in the middle of the street close to his home at Powell Avenue and 11th Avenue North in Nampa, Idaho. After a very long and difficult investigation, the Nampa Police Department have arrested and are charging eight people, four of them adults and four of them minors, with Gomez' murder. Eric Skoglund of the NPD said this...
“These arrests are the result of many hours spent by detectives investigating this case. A grand jury reviewed evidence presented to them, related to these two cases, which led to multiple indictments.
The following is a list of the suspects and their charges according to KTVB. Specific information with the minors has not been released...
- Maribel Menchaca, 42, of Nampa – 1st-degree murder and robbery
- Elizabeth Esparza, 28, of Caldwell - Accessory to 1st-degree murder, aid and abet robbery, and perjury
- Olivia Hernandez Santana, 35, of Caldwell – Accessory to 1st-degree murder, intimidation of a witness and perjury
- A 16-year-old Nampa boy – 1st-degree murder and robbery
- A 17-year-old Nampa boy – accessory to 1st-degree murder, aid and abet robbery, and perjury
- A 16-year-old Nampa boy – accessory to 1st-degree murder, and aid and abet Robbery
- A 16-year-old Caldwell boy – aid and abet 1st-degree murder, aid and abet robbery, and intimidation of a witness
- Jose Menchaca, 39, of Nampa – aid and abet robbery
Nampa Police Chief Joe Huff stated...
We cannot undo the loss suffered by the victim and his family. This was a high priority case and these indictments reflect the hard work and diligence of our officers who identified the people involved in these crimes.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim's family. We hope and pray that the truth will come out and that the family and friends of Gomez will find some peace.