30 Things & Habits To Quit When You’re Over 30 In Boise
THE 30-SOMETHING life
The transition from your 20s to your 30s is wild.
Remember pulling four-drink all-nighters then walking around looking like a Neutrogena add the next day? Fast forward to 34, and all it takes is disrupting our rem cycle with a quick trip to the commode to wreck our morning.
DEPRESSING BUT REAL things that happen after 30
- Hangovers haunt us for days.
- Grocery shopping is now a form of self-care.
- 9 p.m. bedtime becomes a life goal.
- Heartburn now betrays our love of pizza & pie.
- Wrinkles. There's an 11 between our brows now. *Sigh*
- Function now trumps fashion, ya'll. Supportive shoes have become a priority.
- Gray hair...it's unfair and everywhere.
- Birth, death, & wedding announcements inundate our newsfeeds.
- We're frequently crabby for no reason.
- Sagging skin...the joy.
- We seek out ways to dress up sweat pants.
- Our therapy and utility bills are roped into one category now.
- Our Snapware collection is a flex at cookouts.
- We look forward to breaking plans we never intended to live up to.
- An hour at the dentist is as appealing as an hour at the spa.
- We watch our kids' cartoons when the kids aren't around.
And that's just the tip of the ice berg, friend. Up next, we're breaking down all the things that do not serve us in our 30-something years.
Scroll through our gallery of habits, behaviors, activities, and proclivities you're better off ditching after 29!
30 Things That Stop Being Cool In Boise When You Turn 30
It's true what they say. Every thing changes when you turn 30. Your metabolism, your interests, your sleep habits, even the sounds your body will make...it's all different.
Here are 30 things that stop being cool when you turn 30 here in Boise.
😎 40 Ultimate Idaho Experiences to Have Before You're 40
That Idaho Life🥔
These days, that Idaho life is the apple of many an American's eye. It seems once people realize we're not the state of Iowa, they become smitten with our rural-meets-metropolitan lifestyle.
And why wouldn't they? From the Gem State's great outdoors, to its one-of-a-kind Boise attractions, Idahoans are never at a loss for things to do.
As a few of our teammates, along with yours truly nears 40-and-fabulous, we challenged ourselves to pursue every experience in the gallery below. As a matter of fact, we think all Idahoans should check-off every adventure on it!
😍 These Luxury Laundry Rooms Inside Boise Listings Turn Us On
Husbands leave or kick the can. Kids grow up, then move out. And dogs only live half as long as they should.
But you know what's always here? Laundry.
Dirty or clean, its baskets runneth over for us.
Have fun on a frivolous scroll through our gallery of luxury laundry rooms!
🚼 Baby & Buzz-Friendly Boise Bar & Grills Parents Love
BOISE, Idaho. No shoes, no shirt? Yeah, that's a problem, friend. Not having a babysitter? That ain't no thang when you're a Boise-area parent.
🍻 Catch yourself a sweet buzz with your babes, bitties, and tweens in tow at Boise's 14 best bar-and-grills below!
Classic & Cool Ideas for Girls' Night In
😎 20 Ways California Transplants Make Idaho Living Better
Friends, Not Foes
🥔 Contrary to the bad wrap they so often receive, California transplants bring a lot to the table here in Idaho.
From their environmentally-savvy ways to how much they support local and family-owned businesses, Californians have several positive attributes that contribute to and enhance Idaho living.
🙂 Before you dismiss the idea entirely, give the gallery below a scroll and let our 20 examples sink in.
11 Simple Hacks to Help Transplants Make Friends In Boise
💅🏽 $400k Condo Is Really an Idaho She-Shed in Disguise [PICS]
A glorified she-shed is masquerading around Idaho Zillow as a $400k condo, and it's the cutest real estate catfish we've ever witnessed!
Get our free mobile app