Boise is One of the Top US Cities for Exercise
We already know that Boise is a pretty active place, but now a new poll says we’re exercising more regularly than most of the US! See where we land in the top 25 best cities for exercise.
Almost six out of ten people in Boise consider themselves to be regular exercisers, meaning they work out for at least thirty minutes a day, and at least three days a week.
The poll from Gallup and Sharecare found that 58.1 percent of the Treasure Valley works out that much.
The US city that has the most regular exercisers is Boulder, CO with almost 7 in 10 people there hitting the gym at least three days a week.
Here are some of the other top cities for exercise, as posted in Livescience.com:
1. Boulder, CO 69.6 percent
2. Fort Collins, CO 67.9 percent
3. San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles–Arroyo Grande, CA 67.0 percent
4. Greeley, CO 65.3 percent
5. Santa Rosa, CA 62.3 percent
6. Urban Honolulu, HI 61.4 percent
7. Hilton Head Island–Bluffton–Beaufort, SC 61.4 percent
8. Anchorage, AK 61.3 percent
9. Clarksville, TN–KY 61.0 percent
10. Chico, CA 60.9 percent
11. Santa Maria–Santa Barbara, CA 60.7 percent
12. Colorado Springs, CO 60.7 percent
13. San Diego–Carlsbad, CA 60.6 percent
14. Burlington–South Burlington, VT 60.5 percent
15. Bremerton–Silverdale, WA 60.3 percent
16. Barnstable Town, MA 60.1 percent
17. Duluth, MN–WI 58.7 percent
18. Lynchburg, VA 58.6 percent
19. Denver–Aurora–Lakewood, CO 58.3 percent
20. Boise City–Nampa, ID 58.1 percent
21. Albuquerque, NM 58.1 percent
22. San Francisco–Oakland–Hayward, CA 57.8 percent
23. Portland–Vancouver–Hillsboro, OR–WA 57.7 percent
24. Killeen–Temple, TX 57.7 percent
25. Springfield, MO 57.7 percent
This probably just confirms what we already know. Treasure Valley people don’t sit around. And if it gets too chilly in the winter to hit the Greenbelt, we’ll hit the climate-controlled gym or the slopes.
If you’ve only worked out twice so far this week and you’re looking for that third round of exercise, Fit One Boise is happening tomorrow! We’ll knock out the 5k, the 10k, or the half marathon, and then maaayybe we’ll take Sunday off. Maybe.