Resources & Ideas for Pumpkin Carving Alternatives Boise Kids Will Love!
Pumpkin carving is a time-honored Boise Autumn tradition! But this fall, we thought it would be fun for Boise kids to explore some unique and creative alternatives to pumpkin carving. If your Boise kid loves learning, crafting, and experimenting, we know they'll love this list of pumpkin carving alternatives.
1. Painting. Painting and pumpkins? Sounds like a good time to us! If you're looking for inspiration, Good Housekeeping has 70 kid-friendly ideas to try this season.
2. Cooking. Leave it to Parenting Magazine to find nine kid-friendly pumpkin recipes kids will love to cook AND eat! From smoothies to cookies and pies to purees, your littles will love these easy and creative culinary activities.
3. Bowling. Pumpkin bowling is every bit as exciting as it sounds! In the classroom, at Halloween parties, or in your own backyard, pumpkin bowling is for kids of all ages, and the Kid Friendly Things to Do blog can help you get started!
4. Learning. Fun Learning for Kids knowns education extends far beyond the classroom. Inspire your child's imagination and problem-solving skills with their 10 pumpkin lessons! Their tip for having your youngest little color on a pumpkin with a dry erase marker is genius.
5. Experiments. Make the most of your kid's pumpkin by turning it into an experiment! Your young scientist can explore and investigate a pumpkin's decomposition cycle with this exercise here.
6. DIY Pumpkin Slime. Is it as gross as it sounds? Probably? But will your kid love it? Most definitely! We think DIY pumpkin slime is the ultimate alternative to pumpkin carving. If you're new to slime-making, no worries! Little Bins for Little Hands walks parents through each easy step of the process.