Multiple Idaho Starbucks Shutting Down Forever
There are close to 50 Starbucks in the state of Idaho and that number will be dropping very soon. Starbucks has announced that they will be dropping at least 150 stores that continue to underachieve and you better believe that some of those locations are not only in Idaho but right here in our beloved Treasure Valley. NOOOOOOOO! Are you really going to take away my Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson says the multi-billion dollar company is planning on making significant changes. And that includes corporate layoffs too. Johnson said...
We must increase the velocity of innovation that is relevant to our customers, inspires our partners, and is meaningful to our business. To accomplish this, we are going to make some significant changes to how we work as leaders in all areas of the company.
Changes are expected immediately and will continue through mid-November. So which Starbucks here in the Boise area are going away? Who's getting the boot? That information is TOP SECRET at the moment. Starbucks states that this is all performance based so if you're stopping off at a Starbucks on your way into downtown Boise and you notice that you're pretty much the only car there every day... uh, yeah, you may want to start looking for some alternatives. Here's a list of Starbucks we have in our area...
- 17th & State/Boise, Boise, Idaho
- Boise - Vista and Cassia, Boise, Idaho
- Boise Avenue and Apple-ID, Boise, Idaho
- Boise Towne Square, Boise, Idaho
- Broadway Ave. & Belmont, Boise, Idaho
- Chinden and Eagle, Boise, Idaho
- Fairview & Cole - Boise, Boise, Idaho
- Franklin Towne Plaza/Boise, Boise, Idaho
- Milwaukee & Overland- Boise, Boise, Idaho
- State and Veterans Parkway-Boise, Boise, Idaho
- Hwy 84 and Linden - Caldwell, Caldwell, Idaho
- Eagle Plaza, Eagle, Idaho
- Hwy 44 and Edgewood - Eagle, Eagle, Idaho
- Glenwood & Chinden- Boise, Garden City, Idaho
- Eagle & Franklin - Meridian, Meridian, Idaho
- Eagle Road & Florence Dr., Meridian, Idaho
- Meridian and Overland - Meridian, Idaho
- Meridian Rd. & Corporate Dr, Meridian, Idaho
- 12th Ave. Rd & E. Hawaii Ave., Nampa, Idaho
- I-84 & Garrity Blvd, ID, Nampa, Idaho
- Karcher Mall - Nampa, ID, Nampa, Idaho
I'm sure I've left some out but with a list this long you KNOW some of these stores are NOT going to make it.
USA Today reports that Starbucks third-quarter earnings came in at $6.3 Billion. That's up 11% from last year but still nowhere close to where the Seattle based company needs to be. Starbucks has declined any and all comments.