Meet Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter Just a Few Hours from Boise
Who says you have to wait until 2022 to get up close and personal with the man whose face you had plastered all over the walls of your teenage bedroom?!
For the past 17 months, it feels like the Backstreet Boys have literally been playing games with our hearts. 2020 was shaping up to be one of the best concert years in Boise history. It only got better when BSB announced that their DNA World Tour was coming to the Ford Idaho Center. When tickets went on sale last February, you spent a small fortune on the best tickets your money could buy and were so stoked when you got them.
But then what happened? World wide pandemic. All concerts for 2020 canceled. But luckily, the Backstreet Boys have been promising that "as long as there'll be music, we'll be coming back again" since 1997. They rescheduled the show for August 2021. ::sigh:: What's one more year?
Well, in May one year became two years when the guys postponed their show again - this time pushing it to August 19, 2022. The sensible adult in you understood their decision, but your inner 90s fan girl was as frustrated as all get out.
What if we told you you didn't have to wait until next summer to see at least one of the Backstreet Boys? What if we told you that for a very reasonable price, you could take a photo with one of the guys that you can use as your phone's wall paper for the rest of forever? You're hyperventilating over the possibility, aren't you?
Well, the possibility is real! FanX, Salt Lake City's largest comic convention, just announced Nick Carter as a guest for all three days of their event: Thursday, September 16 - Saturday, September 18! Photo-ops with Nick will be $50 once they go on sale. He'll also be signing autographs on Celebrity Row during the event!
So how exactly does a Backstreet Boy fit into a Comic Convention? Well, Nick's also done some acting in SyFy's Dead 7, appearing alongside bandmates AJ McLean and Howie Dorough and fellow boy band alum, Joey Fatone. In fact, Nick's the one who wrote the story for the movie! He also appeared on The Masked Singer Season 4, finishing third.
I'll tell you from personal experience that if you LOVE the Backstreet Boys, this is an opportunity you want to take. In 2019, FanX invited Nsync's Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick to be guests at the convention. Not only were my bestie and I able to get our photos taken with them, we got to spend a good amount of time with them at their autograph table. It was SO worth the road trip!
So, do you want to go tell Nick in person how much you're looking forward to seeing him and the rest of BSB when they FINALLY perform at the Ford Idaho Center? Well then read on for the 411!
Here's What You Need to Know if You Go:
- A Multipass that gets you into all three days of the convention is currently $50
- A Thursday pass is currently $20
- A Friday pass is currently $30
- A Saturday pass is currently $40
- Photo-Ops with Nick will be available for $50 once they go on sale
- Autographs will be available for a yet to be determined price at Nick's table in Celebrity during the convention. Just jump in line to get one.
- A general admission pass will get you into any panel programming Nick is part of as long as it's not a premium "Ultimate Xperience"
Other Notable Guests Appearing at FanX
- Gaten Matarazzo - Stranger Things
- Jaleel White - Family Matters
- William Daniels - Boy Meets World
- Rider Strong - Boy Meets World
- Will Friedle - Boy Meets World
- Martin Kove - Cobra Kai
- William Zabka - Cobra Kai
- Jacob Bertrand - Cobra Kai
- Peyton List - Cobra Kai
- Adam Savage - MythBusters
- Henry Thomas - E.T.
- Click HERE for the full line-up