A winter weather advisory will be in effect for portions of southwest and west central Idaho from 5 pm Thursday to 11 am Friday. According to the National Weather Service said "total snow accumulations of up to inches in the Treasure Valley and Malheur County, expect up to 3 inches along the foothills. Elsewhere, total accumulations of 2 to 6 inches."
This time (December 8) last year Boise had a high of 49° (F) and a low temp of 30° (F) with a record high being 62° and a record low of -19°. The historic average for precipitation was 5.50.
The Farmers Almanac December 2022 long-range weather forecast is as follows:
- December 5-9: Rain and snow, mild
- December 10-12: Snowy periods, chilly
- December 13-21: Rain and snow showers; cold north, mild south
- December 22-31: Snowy periods; cold, then milder
January 2023 Farmers Alamanac long-rand weather forecast is as follows:
- January 1-15: Rain and Snow, mild
- January 16-19: Flurries north, snowstorm south; cold
- January 20-31 Periods of rain and snow, warm
Boise, you weren't wrong. When my wife and were out here in July getting a feel for the area, a lot of people who live here said that Boise doesn't really get a lot of snow, and looking at the forecast it sure looks that way.
I hope that's not the case for those businesses that depend on the snow for winter recreation.