Idaho Albertsons Locations Recall Bacon, Deli Products
If you were to ask a group of Idahoans about some of the best Idaho-based companies, odds are most would say that Albertsons Companies would be one of the most popular answers. We LOVE Albertsons and we're thankful that this weeks news is a cautionary, preemptive move to protect their customers.
If you've purchased products at Albertsons with bacon-topping, you're going to want to be cautious. Heads up, bacon lovers!
Where do you go for Bacon in the Treasure Valley? Most believe that this is the GO-TO spot!
The Best Bacon in Boise is at BACON
If you've never been to that local treasure--you need to check it out!
So what's up with the Albertsons recall? Alongside their supplier, Smithfield Packaged Meats Corp., there were seven ReadyMeals and deli products containing a bacon topping that have been recalled for possible metal contamination.
According to the official USDA release, these were the specific products:
- 5-lb. packages containing “Golden Crisp PATRICK CUDAHY PRECOOKED BACON TOPPING” SKU 43200 12002 with lot codes 2054, 2062 and 2063.
- 5-lb. packages containing “Smithfield PRECOOKED BACON TOPPING” SKU 43200 12003 with lot codes 2063 and 2064.
- 5-lb. packages containing “Golden Crisp PATRICK CUDAHY FULLY COOKED BACON TOPPING APPLEWOOD SMOKED” SKU 43200 12296 with lot codes 2053 and 2062.
- 5-lb. packages containing “Smithfield FULLY COOKED BACON TOPPING” SKU 43200 12663 with lot code 2064.
- 5-lb. packages containing “MEMBER’S MARK FULLY COOKED BACON CRUMBLES” SKU 78742240923 with “BEST IF USED BY” date of “2022-11-18.”
The above list may mean absolutely nothing to you-- because you probably aren't buying these packages but rather, they're products that Albertsons locations have used on popular, pre-made "Ready Meals" sold in and around the deli.
The recall covers all Albertsons, Safeway, and Lucky locations in:
- North Dakota
Did you pick up a product with bacon topping? Play it safe and toss it out or return to Albertsons for a full refund!
Love bacon enough to go on a full blown Bacon Retreat? No recalls here!