Covid Conscious Fall Activities
Fall is officially in full swing and I couldn't be happier. I love not immediately sweating when I step outside. And I'm over the summer activities. I can only hang at the pool so many times. I'm ready for something different! Of course I still want to be conscious of the pandemic that's made 2020 the worst ever. So here are some fun fall activities in which to participate that aren't high risk:
1. Visiting a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. As long as you're using hand sanitizer before touching pumpkins or picking apples, and people are able to social distance.
2. Carving or decorating pumpkins at home, or outside at a safe distance with friends.
3. Decorating your house or apartment.
4. Walking around the neighborhood to look at other decorated houses.
5. Doing a scavenger hunt where kids get lists of fall-themed things to look for while they walk around outdoors, like a pumpkin on a porch or leaves that are a certain color.
6. Having a virtual Halloween costume contest over Zoom.
7. Doing a Halloween movie night with people you live with.
8. Instead of trick-or-treating, hide candy around the house or backyard like it's Easter.
9. Bake pumpkin seeds or a dessert that tastes like fall, like pumpkin pie.
10. Heat up some hot cocoa or apple cider and have a family game night.
This will be my first Halloween in Boise, so I'm pumped to roll through Harrison Blvd even if it's not to trick-or-treat. Decorated houses are the highlight of October, in my opinion. And now that we have a big yard, hiding the candy will probably be the new tradition anyway. My kids don't even like trick-or-treating. What are you looking forward to doing this fall?