This Treasure Valley City is Third Fittest in the U.S.
On the heels of Boise being named to the top 100 of most livable cities by livability.com comes this little gem that we can all be proud of, because it takes a lot of work to get there. Did you know that Boise is one of the fittest cities in America?
Thanks to rodalewellness web site, just releasing a survey of the fittest cities in the U.S. we can all be proud to Boise home and to enjoy the knowledge that we live in the third fittest city.
The study was based on among other things, the percentage of overweight adults in each city—as well as teenagers and children..the percentage of inactive adults, those with high cholesterol, the rate of adults eating fewer than one serving of fruits and vegetables per day, and the rates of diabetes. Here are the top ten:
- Honolulu, HI
- Reno, NV
- Boise, ID
- Las Vegas, Henderson, and Paradise, NV
- Sacramento, Roseville, Arden-Arcade, CA
- Boston, Cambridge, Newton, MA/NH
- San Francisco, Oakland, Hayward, CA
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, CO
- Tuscon, AZ
Keep that in mind as you sign up for the Insane Inflatable 5K or the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure or even the Fitness Celebration later this year. You are helping to keep Boise on top of the heap when it comes to fitness.
And unfortunately, if you have a top ten, you also have a bottom ten. These are the cities named the least fit:
- Memphis, TN
- Shreveport, Bossier City, LA
- Indianapolis, Caramel, Anderson, IN
- Jackson, MS
- New Orleans, Metairie, LA
- Chattanooga, TN/GA
- Mobile, AL
- San Antonio, New Braunfels, TX
- Greenville, Anderson, Mauldin, SC
- Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, AR
Read the full report here.