11 Totally Free Boise Area Splash Pads Where Kids Can Beat the Heat
It's official! Boise hit a new record high of 103 on Thursday, shattering the previous record of 98 set on June 3, 2007. Were you ready for that type of heat this early in the summer?
Most of you that we talked to said "absolutely not." We're right there with you! It's a weird time for it to get this hot. Early June feels too early to turn on the AC. The Ada County debris team hasn't been out to clear all the trees that fell into the river during some of the insane wind storms we had this spring. Thursday morning, it was still flowing over faster than the targeted 1250 CFS but by 8 p.m. it was down to 1160 CFS. Float season could be close (it's started as early as June 12) but we're not quite there yet.
As for public pools? Well, if you live in Nampa their two public pools are options. They opened over Memorial Day Weekend. Boise Pool Season Pass holders have to wait until next week to splash on June 11. Meridian Pool doesn't open for open swim until June 26.
Quinn's Pond and Eagle Island are options, but open water might not be for everyone.
With all of that in mind, we got to work putting together an extremely comprehensive guide to all of the FREE splash pads in the Treasure Valley together for your reference since for the most part temps are going to be toasty (not triple digit toasty, but in the 80s) for the foreseeable future!
- Borah Park | 801 S Aurora Drive: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Comba Park | 2995 N Five Mile Rd: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Grove Plaza Fountain | Downtown Boise
- Settlers Park | 3245 N Meridian Rd: Mid-morning to Dusk
- Kleiner Park | 1900 N Records Ave: Mid-morning to Dusk
- Discovery Park | 2121 E Lake Hazel: Mid-morning to Dusk
- Hillsdale Park (Water Wicket Features) | 3801 E Hill Park St: Mid-morning to Dusk
- Stephen Gruber Park | 2200 Hill Rd: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Reid Merrill Park | 637 E Shore Drive: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Kuna Splash Pad | 151 W 2nd St: 12 - 8 p.m.
- Indian Creek Plaza | Downtown Caldwell: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Except for Tuesdays, Splash Pad closes at 4 p.m. for Tuesdays on the Creek/Farm to Fork Farmers Market)