Spirit Of Boise Balloon Classic Kids Day in Photos
It's BACK! The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic took to the skies this morning, and the Treasure Valley is celebrating. Here are some of our faves from the launch at Ann Morrison Park.
Kid's Day had this Boise park a buzz with kiddo's wanting to take a ride in some of the most colorful Hot Air Balloons in the Treasure Valley. The event, The Spirit Of Boise Balloon Classic has become a yearly "must do" to close out the summer months for many Boise families. It for sure has been a favorite of mine. These are just a few of the photos from this mornings event.
How fun does that look. There are still a few more days to come out and see the balloons grace the Boise Skyline. Below is the list of events for the next few days.
Thursday, August 31st
- Media Day - Personalities from across the Valley will ride up as the morning sun breaks through. Over 43 balloons, oh what a sight. The launch is expected for 7:15. Look up early.... you may see Mike Kasper flying high.
Friday, September 1st
- Tribute Launch to former pilots that have been lost.~ 7:05 a.m.
- Second 2017 Multiple Balloon Launch ~ 7:15 a.m.
- NIGHT GLOW ~ approximate time of GLOW will be as close to dusk as possible. More than likely around 8:15 p.m There will be LIVE music, food, and plenty to keep the fam busy before the park is transformed into a spectacle of color sound and awe.
Saturday, September 2nd
- Governors Cup Competition ~ 7:15 a.m. inflation should happen close to sunrise, and then the balloon takes to the sky for a myriad of skills tests.
Sunday, September 3rd
- The Great Launch "Last Dance" ~ 7:15 a.m. If you didn't get to bring the family out for anything, make sure to pencil this one in. It's the culmination of the days of excitement wonder and aviation brilliance. The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic will celebrate the achievments and the many pilots who have travel from close and far to take part in the festival. And then we get ready for next year.