How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
New Year's Resolutions are a great opportunity for self-improvement, breaking bad habits, or starting a good one!
A lot of people choose not to make New Year's resolutions, or making "easy to stick to" goals to avoid setting themselves up for failure when they give up or don't follow through. Other people believe that setting tough-to-attain goals is more motivating than setting easy ones. No matter what you choose, it's important to make your resolutions realistic.
- Start Small - Make resolutions that are realistic and attainable that you know you can keep.
- Change one behavior at a time - Don't get overwhelmed and think you have to change everything in your life. Work toward changing one thing at a time.
- Talk about it - Share your experiences with family and friends. Talking about it is a proven way to reach your goals.
- Don't beat yourself up - Remember, don't give up completely if you hit a snag or a minor misstep along the way.
- Ask for support - Support from family and friends is always a positive way to manage stress, accept and embrace it!
Do you make New Year's resolutions? What are yours for 2018?