Ada County Offering Free Sandbags to Aid Flooding Issues in the Treasure Valley
Flooding is a serious issue now that a lot of what we’ve been getting over the past couple of weeks is melting along with the rain.
Ada County is offering up free sandbags at a number of locations. The only stipulations are that you must bring your own shovel, and fill the bags yourself.
Here are the sandbag distribution sites and additional information which you can also find from KTVB, HERE:
- Expo Idaho, Garden City: Sandbags available sunrise to sunset in west parking lot off Glenwood
- Barber Park, Boise: Sandbags available sunrise to sunset
- Meridian Public Safety Training Center: 1223 East Watertower Lane, Meridian; Available Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; residents will need to bring their own shovels
- Kuna Fire Station #1: 150 W. Boise Street, Kuna
- Eagle Fire Station #1: 966 Iron Eagle Drive, Eagle; Shovels are available on site.
- Star Fire Protection District: 10831 W. State Street, Star; Sand and bags are available after 5 p.m. Thursday