Sippy Cup Explodes on Boise Mama
Can you even imagine? You pour a little milk for your toddler into a sippy cup and it explodes on you! This happened to one Boise Mama. Here's her story.
A Nuby Insulated Light-up cup exploded in the hands of Boise Mom Dzevada Becirovic. She blames the lithium battery at the bottom of the cup for the explosion despite the fact that she never put the cup in the microwave or the dishwasher.
Dzevada told KTVB the explosion burned her hands and face and affected her lungs. She was taken to the hospital and says it felt like her lungs were on fire.
Of course, the thing Dzevada is most grateful for is that luckily the cup was not in the hands of her 1 1/2-year-old son.
Nuby's parent company Luv'n care Ltd. is investigating the situation. They say this is the first complaint they have had about the cups but Dzevada wants them stripped from store shelves.
We'll keep you posted as the case develops.