Huge Family Summer Health and Safety Fair Happening in Nampa
We live in one of the most beautiful places in the country, and with the warmer weather everyone is wanting to recreate and get outdoors. Obviously, there is a lot of fun to be had when your outdoors with friends and family but there are lots of things we can do to make sure we stay safe as we enjoy the summertime in Idaho. The Canyon County Paramedics want to make sure you have a fun and safe summer that's why they are hosting the Family Summer Health & Safety Fair in Nampa.
The event is set for Saturday, May 18th, 2019 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the St. Luke's Nampa Emergency Department (9850 St. Luke's Dr. Ste #207 in Nampa, ID). The Canyon County Paramedics have teamed up with Saint Luke's Nampa and lots of other community partners for a free family-oriented event.
Throughout the event you will be able to gain so much information, most specifically the following:
- Ambulance demo & blood pressure checks
- Helmet fittings and car seat checks
- Learn about fire safety from the Nampa Fire Department
- Sun safety information
- Check out SWAT vehicles with the Nampa Police Department
- Learn hands-only CPR
- Learn what to do in time sensitive emergencies
- Get membership information for Air St. Luke's
- Community Health information
- 100 deadliest days (summer driving information)
- Heart health and Stroke information
- ABC's of safe sleep
- Learn about Marine Patrol from Canyon County Sheriff's Office
- First Aid
- Buddies 2C
- Heart & Home Hospice
- Mosquito abatement & illness information
- Swimming pool safety
This is one event that everyone in the family could use. We never hope to have to deal with an emergency but it's always good to know what to do if you are in that situation. If you're looking for more details click here for their Facebook event page.