Words We Wish Would Go Away in 2016
If we really want 2016 to be amazing, eliminating some of these horrible words and phrases from our collective vocabulary would be a great start. Lake Superior State University in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan just released its annual list of words that need to be BANNED. It's based on thousands of nominations from people around the world. Here are their five top picks:
1. "Vape." I'm not sure I agree with this one. What are you going to use instead? Fake Smoking
2. "Price point." Because you can just say "price."
3. "Secret sauce." It's overused in business to explain why companies are successful.
4. "Manspreading." It's slang for when men sit with their legs wide open on a subway to take up two seats. I don't mind the word, but I really hate when people do it.
5. "Break the Internet." The stupid phrase for how AMAZING a picture is, that's now being overused.
Click on the Button bar below to see all the words that Lake Superior State University thinks should be banned for 2016. One of the phrases I hope ends in 2016 "Leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump."