Pictures From The Idaho City Fire
I drove through Idaho City last Saturday, the day after the fire, and had to stop to see the devastation. At the same time I noticed there is still a lot to do in Idaho City!
It was shocking to see the first block of Main Street in Idaho City burnt to the ground. The fire started at Calamity Jane's early Friday morning and is still under investigation.
Don't let this stop you from visiting Idaho City this summer. This small town depends on summer tourism to get them through the rest of the year. Let's help them rebuild. There are still lots of places to visit on your stop in Idaho City.
- The Springs Resort on Hwy 21 coming into town. They've cooled down the pool for the summer temperatures.
- HD's Hideaway is a very historic bar and restaurant.
- Donna's Place was packed on Sunday morning. It's a restaurant and grocery store that serves ice cream.
- Trudy's has some of the best homemade pies!
- The Visitor's Center and the museum will give you a history of the area.
- The Sarsparilla should be back up and running in a week or two and has most awesome ice cream flavors in town!
- Frontier Days and Gold Dust Rodeo start on June 26th!
If you are looking to help those in Idaho City with a donation, there are a bunch of GoFundMe Accounts up. Just do a search for Idaho City GoFundMe.