Oscar Nominees Announced: Where to Watch the Films
I love award show season. There's something mesmerizing about the glitz and glam of the red carpet. I also love watching and catching snippets of the films so that I know what movies to catch up on. As a mom to two boys, I definitely don't have the time I used to have to go to the theater, but I try my best to at least make it through the Best Picture nominees each year. Recently, the nominees for the Oscars were finally announced and now I have a huge list of movies to track down.
Guillermo del Toro's "The Shape of Water" received 13 nominations with "Dunkirk" and "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" coming in second and third with 8 and 7 nominations respectively. All three films received Best Picture nominations. Other nominees for the category include: "Call Me By Your Name", "Darkest Hour", "Get Out", "Lady Bird", "Phantom Thread", and "The Post".
If you're wanting to grab a tub of popcorn and settle in for one of these films, you're in luck: all 9 nominated movies are still playing in theaters throughout the Treasure Valley.
- You can still catch "The Shape of Water" at The Flicks, Edwards Downtown, and Edwards Nampa this week.
- "Call Me By Your Name" is currently playing at Edwards Boise (off Overland) and The Flicks.
- "Lady Bird" is available for viewing at Edwards Boise (off Overland), Edwards Nampa, and The Flicks.
- "Phantom Thread" will be playing at The Flicks, Edwards Boise (Overland), and Majestic Cinemas in Meridian.
- "The Post" continues to run at Edwards Boise (Overland), Majestic Cinemas, and Edwards Nampa.
- "Darkest Hour" and "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" are currently showing at Majestic in Meridian as well as Edward's Boise (Overland).
- "Get Out" and "Dunkirk" have limited showtimes at Edwards Boise (Overland) and are both available on Redbox for a home screening.
The 90th Academy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, will take place on March 4, 2018 at 5PM PST (6PM in Idaho). You can watch the show on ABC.
For a complete list of nominees: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/
For more on The Academy Awards: https://facebook.com/