These Are Mike’s Favorite Movies Of 2014, What Were Yours?
I didn't see a huge amount of movies last year, but I did see probably more than I usually do. I saw 61 total movies in 2014 and these are my ten favorites of 2014, so grab some popcorn and get ready for some cinematic entertainment.
- Lone Survivor. It was released in in 4 theaters in 2013 for Oscar consideration, but didn’t really come out until Jan. of 2014. In my opinion, no movie comes close to this movie that’s at the top of my list. Gut wrenching and horrific. If I didn’t know this was based on a true story, I would never have believed it.
- Gone Girl. Love movies with twists and turns and this one was really twisted.
- Guardians of The Galaxy. I am Groot. Need I say more?
- The Judge. I’m a huge fan of Robert Downy Jr. and Robert Duval.
- Interstellar. Mathew McConnehay drives a space ship instead of a Lincoln. Sometimes confusing, but visually spectacular.
- The Drop. James Gandolfini’s final movie, some twists and turns, and I love Tom Hardy.
- Fury. Gut wrenching to be put inside a tank that was completely outclassed by German tanks in World War II.
- Three Days to Kill. I’m a huge Kevin Costner fan and he had 3 movies that I loved last year, but this one stood out. He's a man with 3 days left before he dies.
- The Hobit. Not the best of the Hobbit movies, but still so very good. Plus, it is the last in the final trilogy and for that reason it makes my list.
10. Lego Movie. I am still at a loss to figure out why this movie was left out of Oscars for Best Animated movie. Not just best animated movie of the year, but one of my favs of the year.