Mike Kasper Cam: Spirit Of Boise Balloon Classic [Video & Pics]
One of the coolest events in Boise is the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic, presented by CapEd Credit Union and Mix 106. The free event takes place every year over Labor Day weekend, and provides days of fun for the entire family. Here's everything you need or want to know! Plus, watch what it's like to be up in a Spirit of Boise balloon!
I want to thank the crew of the Belle Star out of Utah for taking me up. Kent Barnes is an awesome pilot...this is my second ride in a balloon during the balloon classic and I love that this year Kent took me over downtown Boise and the State Capital. Check out all the photos below.
This unique Boise event is just one reason we live in one of the best cities in America and if you've never been a part of this great event you and your family don't want to miss it.
Friday, September 1st
- Tribute Launch to former pilots that have passed away.~ 7:05 a.m.
- Second 2017 Multiple Balloon Launch ~ 7:15 a.m.
- NIGHT GLOW ~ approximate time of GLOW will be as close to dusk as possible. More than likely around 8:15 p.m. There will be LIVE music, food, and plenty to keep the family busy before the park is transformed into a spectacle of color sound and awe.
Saturday, September 2nd
- Governors Cup Competition ~ 7:15 a.m. inflation should happen close to sunrise, and then the balloons takes to the sky for a myriad of skills tests like knocking over a Mix 106 Porto-Potty.
Sunday, September 3rd
- The Great Launch “Last Dance” ~ 7:15 a.m. If you didn’t get to bring the family out for anything, make sure to pencil this one in. It’s the culmination of the days of excitement wonder and aviation brilliance. The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic will celebrate the achievements and the many pilots who have travel from close and far to take part in the festival. And then we get ready for next year.
For more information about The Spirit Of Boise Balloon Classic visit www.spiritofboise.com