Let’s Hear it For Mike & Nicole’s New Dictionary Words
A lot of people don’t give the Mix morning show enough credit….People think we are known for foolishness stupidity and funny make-um-ups…but because of us and the hard work we’ve done this year…we can officially take credit for a new word that has been added to the Oxford English dictionary…
The Oxford English Dictionary is adding a bunch of new words, and it's a pretty good round-up this year. Here are some of the highlights of some of the best new words added this year . . .
- 'Merica . . . meaning America without the "A" at the beginning. You’ve heard us shouting this word for the past couple years on our show….Let's hear it for Merica
- Fuhgeddaboudit. Like how Tony Soprano would say "forget about it 2.
- Bracketology. Which you hear a lot during March Madness.
- Clickbait. And another new one is "clicktivism" . . . when you support a cause online, but don't actually go out and DO anything.
- Moobs . . . short for 'man boobs.' Once again a word we’ve used a lot on our show
- Non-apology. When you act like you're apologizing, but don't actually say you're sorry.
- Swirlie. When you dunk someone's head in a toilet and flush it. Which seems like it could have been added 50 years ago.
- Kegerator. A refrigerator with a tap on the front, and a keg of beer inside.
- Biatch. Another word we use a lot on our show
Crapper. As in, I really need to go to the bathroom to take a crap…so I’m going to the
(Here's the full list, of all the new words. WARNING...THE list includes a few R-rated entries.)