Idaho Man Saves Child From Drowning After Stay at Holiday Inn Express
Remember the old ads for Holiday Inn Express, where someone would be super confident and do something amazing, because they stayed "at a Holiday Inn Express last night"? Apparently it works, at least for this man who saved a child's life after staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Pocatello.
Josh Randall was staying at a hotel in Pocatello,this past Saturday night. He is, but he was there with his wife and four kids.
And they were all down at the pool when a six-year-old boy there for a birthday party started to drown.
Apparently he was under the water for a while, because Josh says he was shocked at how blue his skin was when they pulled him out.
Josh knew CPR, so he started doing chest compressions while someone else did mouth-to-mouth. And after about three minutes, the kid started coughing up water and breathing again. This is a good lesson on why it's important to take CPR classes at St. Lukes during February which is heart month.
According to the paramedics, he suffered some lung damage from all the water he inhaled. But he should make a full recovery. And yes the hotel where it happened was really a Holiday Inn Express.
Click on the button bar below to read the entire story from the Idaho State Journal.