Can You Believe That In This Day And Age, People Would Try And Bring Thes On An Airplane?
My wife has been traveling a lot recently for her job. And of course my work wife (Kate) also travels a lot, and I've got to say it's nice to know that they are both being protected when they fly by TSA.
The TSA just released their annual report on all the stuff they confiscated in 2013. And even though "funny and interesting" aren't normally words associated with the TSA, they kinda nail it. Here are highlights of confiscated items for the past year. .
- The TSA confiscated 1,813 guns in carry-ons last year . . . or an average of FIVE a day. 81% of those guns were loaded. Atlanta had the most guns confiscated, with 111, or almost one every three days.
- The TSA confiscated one SUICIDE VEST. Fortunately, it was fake and filled with fake explosives . . . it belonged to an explosives training instructor.
- At least a dozen people were busted carrying NINJA THROWING STARS.
- At the Fort Lauderdale airport, TSA officers found someone carrying HUMAN SKULL FRAGMENTS inside of clay pots. The police had to come in to investigate. Turns out the person had bought the pots and didn't know what was inside.
- Finally, a guy in Chicago was busted for carrying a mace. Not the spray . . . the medieval weapon with a spiked metal ball on a chain attached to a wood club.
Here is the TSA blog with pictures and more items...it's pretty amazing what people think they can get away with bringing on a plane.