Boise School District Notifies Parents of Flood Plan
Boise School District has notified parents in some neighborhoods in the Boise and Garden City area that may be at risk of dangerous flooding due to being in low- lying areas near the Boise River. There is a plan in place if that flooding does happen.
Students living in those neighborhoods will not be bused home if that occurs. Instead, students will be taken to Capital High School and will need to be picked up by parents/guardians. Parents/guardians will be notified via text, email, and/or phone call.
Here are potentially affected bus routes as reference: 332, 369, 339, 376, 258, 158, 417, 387, 354, 347, 362, 377, 359, 350, 363, 272, 345 and 360.
In advance of any evacuation, the public should take specific preparedness steps:
- Register for the CodeRED emergency notification system:https://public.com/cne/en-US/BF01DC4DD213
- Make notification and communications plans with family members.
- Create a 72-hour kit that includes critical items (medication, documents, etc.).
- Check on friends, family, and neighbors that may be isolated or unaware of the situation.
- Bring outdoor possessions indoors and secure them or relocate them to higher elevation.
- Move valuable items (papers, jewelry, clothing, etc.) to upper floors or higher elevations.
- Make transportation arrangements and make sure you have a full tank of gas in all vehicles used to evacuate.
- Pets are not allowed in shelters with the exception of service animals. Make arrangements for your pets including how they will be housed and receive food, medications, etc. Make arrangements for your livestock and large animals.
- Please visit the 2017 Boise River Spring Flooding Website to Find a Pre-Evacuation Checklist and Plan Accordinglyhttps://adacounty.id.gov/accem/Flood-Information
During an evacuation:
- Turn off gas, electricity, and water and disconnect appliances
- DO NOT walk through water or drive over flooded roads
- Take your 72-hour kit
- Notify family members
- Pay attention to evacuation orders and evacuation routes as directed