Bandit 2016 Official Rules
Bandit 2016 – Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
Sponsored by Townsquare Media Boise 827 E. Park Blvd., #100, Boise, ID 83712 (“Sponsor”). These Official Rules govern the sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) being conducted by participating Townsquare Media Boise radio station, KCIX – MIX 106 (the “Station”).
This Promotion is titled: The Bandit 2016
- PROMOTION DATES
This Promotion begins October 24, 2016 at 7:00am local time and ends when the designated item that represents the “$5000 cash” is found OR twenty-four (24) hours from the official on-air announcement of the Contest Conclusion Notice, whichever comes first (the “Promotion Period”).
a. The Promotion is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older (unless otherwise stated) who reside in the Station metro survey area as defined by Nielsen Audio. Employees of the Station, the Station’s licensee, Sponsor, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, their advertising or promotional agencies, and participating sponsors (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), other radio stations in
the Station’s metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. “Immediate family” members include spouses, children, step-children, parents, step-parents, siblings and step-siblings. No official groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Proof of age, identity and eligibility must be furnished to Station upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. The Station will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information, and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- HOW TO ENTER AND WINNER SELECTION
- Starting on Monday October 24, 2016, listen to MIX 106 every weekday at 6:20am, 7:20am, and 4:20pm to learn about the contest and gather clues to help you locate four (4) sections of a “ransom note” that will assist in leading to the designated item, or clues that lead directly to that designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” by the Bandit. A recap of the daily clues will also be published on MIX 106’s station contest web page at www.mix106radio.com at least once per week during the contest. New clues will be announced daily Monday – Friday during the Promotion Period until the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” has been found and verified. Listen and/or review the daily clues to search for the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” hidden somewhere publicly accessible in the Treasure Valley, within Ada County or Canyon County, Idaho. MIX 106 reserves the right to publically display or distribute the ransom note segments if/when desired during the contest. The designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” will not be hidden on the State Capitol grounds, under any paved surface, under artificial turf, any park sites under construction, private property, on any pre-existing advertising and marketing collateral pieces involving MIX 106 including the station web pages, bumper stickers, hats, tent, inflatable, other promotional items, advertiser print ads, TV spots, banners and other like station signage. The designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” is a uniquely created physical object attached to an official note from Townsquare Media Boise with specific instructions, authenticated by Townsquare Media Boise management and is publicly accessible.
- Additional clues, including but not limited to photos/video/written notes, will be randomly made available on the station website at www.mix106radio.com and inside the MIX 106 “12 Listeners Club”. To have access to these clues, log onto www.mix106radio.com and join the 12 Listeners Club.
c. If you find the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash”, promptly return it within 24 hours to the Townsquare Media Boise, 827 E. Park Blvd, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83712 to verify the item, your participation eligibility and claim your prize.
d. The potential winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility and General Release form within 24 hours of notifying Contest Entities at Townsquare Media Boise that the official designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” object has been found. Non-compliance may result in disqualification.
e. If you find the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” during non-business hours and the next available business hour/day at Townsquare Media Boise is beyond the required 24 hour notification timeline, you must call (208) 275-8193 and slowly leave a clear voicemail message with the date/time/location of the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” found including your full name, your work phone number and your personal phone number. Non-compliance may result in disqualification. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
f. Townsquare Media Boise reserves the right to discontinue the contest at any time if public property is destroyed.
- The Contest Entities in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any participant if such participant play the contest in manners deemed by the Contest Entities as potentially illegal or is illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive, unsuitable for the public or broadcast on Townsquare Media Boise radio stations and related digital platforms.
PRIZE WINNER SELECTION:
The Prize Winner of the Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00 US) in cash will be the first person to find the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” as portrayed in this Bandit 2016 contest. Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
a. Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00 US).
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. This Grand Prize will be awarded 10-15 workdays after the designated item that represents the “$5000 Cash” is found and reported to the Contest Entities as described above and positively verified with Townsquare Media Boise management, plus winner paperwork has been completed. .
- The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize. The prize is awarded as is, and the Promotion Entities have neither made nor are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the prize. Additional restrictions may apply. Prize is subject to availability. The winner must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility/ publicity and liability release form prior to accepting the prize, as described below. If any prize related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for any reason, the Sponsor’s sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available portion of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded portion of the prize. Sponsor
reserves the right to remove or to deny the prize to the winner, if winner engages in disruptive or unruly behavior or in any manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person associated with the prize.
- All prizes may be picked up at the office of the local Station. The winner will forfeit any prize not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning, unless the prize is time sensitive, and expired or takes place within that period, in which case, the prize must be picked up within that date.
- There is no substitution, transfer for prizes, except that the Sponsor may, at its sole
discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM
a. Winner will be verified and announced in accordance with these Official Rules. All decisions of the Contest Entities with respect to the Promotion are final.
- If necessary, the winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of winning or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the
prize. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
- CONDITIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a. Entrants and participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Promotion Rules, and by participating, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. The laws of the State or Commonwealth in which the Station is licensed shall govern this Promotion, without regard to that jurisdiction’s choice of law rules.
- The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a completeW-9 or equivalent upon request may result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants and participants grant to the Promotion Entities the right to publicize the participant’s name, photograph, video, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law.
- Winners and entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Promotion Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Promotion-related or prize-related activity.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, or if safety is compromised by severe weather, acts of God, other field-related obstacles beyond Station’s control, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person not abiding by the official rules, or for tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website, or for any violation of the Official Rules. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with the Promotion, Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond Station’s control, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel,
terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
a. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control, including, but not limited to, a busy signal, operator interference,
cellular interference, internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or cable modem service, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; failure of any entry to be
received in whole or in part by Station or Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service; communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections,
cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service; damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Promotion, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device or other internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or
interfere with the transmission of radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Promotion or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to computer hardware, software, the internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to entrants’ ISP, DSL, or cable modem access, “worms,” or
viruses or any other problems of any description or nature which may prohibit, prevent or interfere with the acquisition, completion or submission of any entry; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Promotion; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entry forms; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil
disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Promotion or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing or in the event of an ownership or format change, Station reserves the right
to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify, or continue the Promotion, in its sole discretion. Promotion Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and PROMOTION ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
- RULES AND WINNERS LISTS
a. For a copy of the official rules of the Promotion, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (“SASE”) for receipt by the end of the Promotion Period to Attn: Promotion Rules, Townsquare Media Boise 827 E. Park Blvd, #100, Boise, Idaho 83712. For the names of the prize winner send a SASE for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion Period to the attention of Promotion Winner Lists at the above address. In either case, please be sure to specify the name of the Promotion for which you are requesting the rules or winners list. Official rules and winner lists (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at the Station’s web site.