8 Holiday Traditions That Are Uniquely Idaho
We definitely have a certain way of living here in Idaho and even have specific holiday traditions that are not seen in a lot of other states. My wife and I have been in Idaho for most of our lives, so these are not strange to us...how about you?
There's something special about a lot of these holiday traditions that Only in Your State shared. How many of them do you do with your families and the people you care about?
- Cut down your own Christmas tree.
- Hunt for your own holiday dinner.
- Spend the holidays on the ski slopes.
- Go to the Tuba Christmas at the Idaho State Capitol.
- Freeze our butts off while looking at Christmas lights.
- See the McCall Winter Carnival sculptures.
- Ring in the New Year with the Potato Drop.
- Do the Polar Plunge on New Year's at Lucky Peak.
Our family has definitely done a few of these, though you probably won't catch me in my swimsuit for New Year's Day. We do love our Christmas lights and seeing all the awesome displays around the Treasure Valley and have attended a Potato Drop or two.
Do you have any uniquely Idaho traditions that didn't make the list? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org